Establishing your brand is important and should be done with extreme care to ensure it defines who you are accurately, while leaving room for you to evolve, as you mature or gain more experience in your career, area of expertise or influence.
As a rule of thumb, your personal brand should incorporate a few critical principles to keep in mind that will guide you and keep you focused and consistent. Once you have a personal brand, building your community and marketing your product (especially if YOU are the product) should fall into place organically.
Below are 5 (P)rinciples to keep in mind to help you get there:
- Your POWER is the thing that you are known for, what makes you unique and what people are drawn to about you. Think of it as your appeal, what makes you irresistible or what makes people trust, believe, or become influenced by you and what you do. This unique element is what you share with the world.
- PASSION is what gets you out of bed. Your motivation, the drive, the energy that keeps you going, especially when you feel like you cannot give any more. This is your “superpower”, and we all have it.
- When you put your power and passion together, you create value for others. That value is your PURPOSE. What you were meant to do. What you feel deep down is your effort at fulfilling your destiny.
- Who will you be serving with your purpose? That is your audience, aka, the PEOPLE who seek to benefit or be impacted by your awesomeness.
- And finally, PLATFORM – this is the channel, or the various ways that you need to reach your audience effectively. Leveraging the appropriate and ideal platform, at the right time, is essential to being effective in articulating your personal brand.
Don’t worry, we are here to walk with you as we identify your personal brand. Scheduleyour consultation today at [email protected]